2020 STEM Lesson Plan Contest
Do you have a passion for creating hands-on and engaging lesson plans that make STEM subjects come to life? Do you enjoy helping students understand the important role of trees in the environment? Are you enrolled in Dominion Energy’s Project Plant It! for the 2019-2020 academic year?
If you answered YES to all of the questions above, Dominion Energy invites you to enter the 2020 STEM Lesson Plan Contest. It’s easy to enter; just send us an original, creative STEM-based lesson plan that promotes active learning about trees and the environment.
The winning lesson plan, along with information about the talented educator who created it, will be included in Project Plant It!’s Educator’s Classroom Guide when the program launches for the 2020-2021 academic year. In addition, three lucky educators will receive a gift card that can be used to purchase teaching supplies for the classroom.
Share your love of STEM with Project Plant It!, and we could share it with other educators.
- Educator must be enrolled in Project Plant It! for 2020.
- Educator can teach students at any grade level in grades K-12.
- Educator can be a group leader of a scout troop, environmental club, church group or any organization that serves youth.
- Only lesson plans that focus on science, technology, engineering or math will be considered.
- Lesson plans must be original and created by the educator entering the contest.
- Lesson plans must support the mission of Project Plant It!: To teach students about the important role of trees in the environment and to engage them in planting trees.
- Lesson plans should be designed so they can be worked on or completed in one or two class periods.
- Each lesson plan must include:
- STEM subject
- Grade level (elementary, middle, high school)
- Materials required
- Desired results/outcomes
- For guidance on the suggested format for lesson plans, view the current lesson plans in the Educator’s Classroom Guide on the Project Plant It! website. (Note: Lesson plans that are too similar to the existing lesson plans will not be considered.)
Deadline and How to Enter:
- Email lesson plan in Word document format to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 27, 2020.
- Include your name, address, phone number, email address, name of school or group that you are affiliated with, grade level, and subject that you teach (if applicable).
Notification of Winners:
Winners will be notified by phone or email on or before Friday, April 17, 2020.
- First Place – Winner’s lesson plan will be included, with citation of authorship, in the Educator’s Classroom Guide; educator receives a $200 gift card to Walmart
- Second Place – Educator receives a $150 gift card to Walmart
- Third Place – Educator receives a $100 gift card to Walmart